9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.

Hours: Monday - Friday


Call Us For Free Consultation





Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring to my consultation?
  • Bring the FR10 (what the responding police officer gives the drivers at the scene of the collision) if you have this document.
  • Bring your driver’s license.
  • Bring any and all medical bills that you have received to date. If you do not have these, we can request them from the providers directly.
  • Bring your insurance card or the declarations page of your car insurance policy or homeowner’s insurance policy if possible. The declarations page is typically the first page or two of your policy that states what amounts of coverage you have purchased.
  • Bring any and all photographs that you have of the damage to your vehicle, property, or bodily injuries such as bruises, cuts and lacerations.
How will I know if I have a personal injury case?

The attorneys at Payne Law Firm provide free consultations. Call today to schedule an appointment at no cost to you. Bring all of the documents listed under What should I bring to my consultation? Our attorneys will evaluate your claim and discuss your options.

What is a “contingent fee”?

At Payne Law Firm, we take personal injury cases that meet certain criteria on a contingency basis. This means that we only charge a fee if we successfully make a recovery on your behalf. We don’t get paid unless you get paid. Our fee is a percentage of the total amount of the gross settlement, judgment or verdict that we obtain for your case. Payne Law Firm pays upfront case costs for you and gets reimbursed for those costs out of the settlement, judgment or verdict proceeds.

What if I’ve already spoken to an insurance adjuster?

Typically, the first step that a person takes after an accident is contacting their insurance company or the at-fault person’s insurance company to notify them of the damage. We recommend not speaking with the insurance companies without your attorney present. Insurance companies protect their best interests over your best interests. The insurance adjuster’s goal is to pay you nothing or as little as possible on your claim. Oftentimes, insurance adjusters will try to coax you into agreeing to provide a recorded statement. If you’ve already provided a recorded statement, Payne Law Firm can help fight the insurance company from trying to use your statement against you.

How will I know the value of my case and whether my case will settle without a lawsuit?

The value of your case depends on a variety of factors, including the types of injuries that you’ve sustained, the type of medical treatment that you’ve obtained the amount of insurance coverage available. Your lawyer will be able to advise you on whether a lawsuit may be necessary after your lawyer has spoken with the insurance company to determine whether they are accepting liability and, if so, how the insurance company proposes to resolve your claim without the need for a lawsuit.

What if I am still in the process of obtaining medical treatment or I have not sought any medical treatment yet?

You should contact a personal injury attorney immediately. Your attorney can help alleviate some of the stress of figuring out how to pay for medical treatment. If you have a strong case, your doctor may be willing to treat you under a “letter of protection” from your attorney. Under a letter of protection, your doctor agrees to wait until after your case settles to collect payment for their medical services in exchange for your agreement to satisfy the doctor’s bill from the settlement proceeds. Doctors are not required to accept letters of protection, but many are willing to do so as a courtesy to their patients.

Can I still recover for damages if my health insurance paid some or all of my medical bills?

Yes. You are entitled to the full value of your medical bills that are related to the accident. Your health insurance ask to be reimbursed for any amounts that they contributed towards treatment related to your accident. Don’t accept a simple reimbursement of your co-pay or deductible. Oftentimes, the insurance companies will offer to pay an injured party’s “out of pocket expenses” which can leave the you less than whole.

Do you need further assistance?